Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Share the Bliss

It's difficult to find homegrown websites about the suburbs that don't present them as existential wastelands full of bad restaurants, kidney-shaped coffee tables and Twister parties, then proceed to savage the suburban lifestyle. An exception is Suburban Bliss, a blog by a homemaker and mother of two in Indiana named Melissa Summers. Sarcastic, honest, and more than occasionally profane, Summers covets the houses and swim clubs of others, alternately idolizes and detests her husband and generally kvetches about life in a way we can relate to. "I swear to you I have gotten better about spending money," she wrote a few months ago. "I'm so careful now. I watch every cent and I now realize there is no such thing as 'just $20' and I realize going to Target is a dangerous endeavor I should try to avoid." Share the addiction here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home